[simple gifts]

7:46 AM



who doesn't love gifts? i love giving gifts and i love receiving gifts. it doesn't even have to be much, a letter or some delicious tea. definitely one of my top love languages. but wow i was blindsided this afternoon by my daughter. i love her so much. there are some things that i don't have to tell my son not to do because he just understands from observing, my daughter on the other hand. well, she isn't the most observant little girl. she is passionate, emotional, sensitive, and well just does what she wants when she wants... and i have to remember that even though i'm more like caleb, joy isn't wrong in her way of thinking.

so with all that said, my daughter picked the heads of newly and not quite bloomed daffodils in the front yard. the only slight presence of spring. she came in running inside with them in her hands yelling, "mommy mommy mommy, i have pretty yellow flowers for you!" (now I was going to mention to them not to touch the flowers before i came inside, but i figured they are old enough that they would look & smell, not pick) so, i yelled out, "no no no joy" then i caught myself and held my tongue. she is bringing me a gift. they only way she knows how. i buy her a flower from the market when we go shopping, because she loves fresh flowers in her bedroom. here she is only trying to do the same for me. it was so hard at first for me to set my own feelings aside and see really her heart behind the act. she was trying to be thoughtful. i love my little girl!

"for everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving."
-timothy 4:4

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. man rachel, you are just speaking to me so loudly with these posts! SO GOOD! Seriously, keep it up. You have a gift, girl.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images