[good friday]

1:35 PM


wow. what a day. to reflect on Jesus and to be thankful that he laid His life on the cross for us. i have had this song in my head all day and then my grandmother also sent me this great video from youtube with it in it. so i thought i would share the lyrics...


Lead me to the Cross


Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill

Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross


You were as I

Tempted and trialed
You are
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death

Now you're risen 
To your heart

To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart



our friends, the loverin's, host this beautiful celebration today call the Feast of Remembrance. i loved everything about it. where a bunch of friends come together to share a meal much like the passover with specific items 
lamb: the sacrifice to spare the homes of israelites in Egypt
bitter herbs: remembrance of slavery in Egypt
unleavened bread: the israelites left egypt quickly so they did not have time to make with leaven at their first passover

we also shared trials that the Lord has brought us thru in the last year and where He is leading us

it was such a great reminder to look back to see where he has brought us as his "chosen people" but also individually. i know for us a year ago tim and i were in a really weird transition in our life. we had been attending resurrection church here in grand rapids, mi for 4+ years had no friends and had two kids. we both felt lonely, unsupported, and a little lost. we were brought into this bible study were we met many other young families, starting attending new church called crossroads bible church which we LOVE. started making so many amazing connections. the Lord is so good and has brought us so far as a family. 

What has the Lord brought you thru this past year? i would love to hear your story...

-ray


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am so glad for you that He brought you out of the desert place and into a family that you feel welcomed into. I also like to tuck deep inside my heart of hearts, that God used me to help you get there;) love you, ray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jana!! you had a huge part in this. I'm so thankful you took me under your wings and was encourager thru this time. love you too sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images