[white as snow]

12:59 PM


so... i am not a big fan of snow except when i was a child. i would play for hours with my neighbor friends making forts and sledding. of course, the best part was when we came inside and my mom already had hot cocoa waiting for us. but back then, i was living in durham, nc where snow wasn't guaranteed every winter season. i now live in the cold state of michigan. i do feel like there are pros & cons to be here. i can't think of any... just kidding. okay. so i'm just going to list the pros because that is probably better for me to think about anyways.

1.you see snow every year
2.they clear the roads fast
3.people don't freak out about the word flurries or snow
4.when summer does arrive there is a festival every weekend
5.there is an abundance of farmer's markets around
 6.the summer weather here is quite amazing


i will be honest, it is about this time of the year when i fell myself wanting to live in the south again. partly, because its still freezing... and a blanket of snow has covered my yard yet again. this is when i want to be seeing sweet daffodils popping up, birds chirping, and open my windows to let a nice breeze clean the air in my house. now i could have the mind set that i am trapped in my house or i could look at it as an opportunity to sit down, snuggle in a warm blanket, and play a couple of games with my children. which would you choose?


today, i was reminded that much like my yard has been covered in snow, i too have been washed white as snow by our Heavenly Father. how thankful i am that i have a God who sacrificed His own son for me. to take on not just my sins but all of ours. when i read thru matthew 27 & 28 about the brutality Jesus went through, all for me, i can't but fall on my knees in thankfulness. i have a God who loves me so very much!!!

"come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool." -Isaiah 1:18

what do you do on your snowy days?
were does your mind go?

ray

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images