{Sweet & Salty Summer Salad}

12:18 PM




For me, lunch can be the forgotten meal. I don't like to slow down & make myself something. I would rather grab something quick; part of that is being lazy & the other part is that I have 3 other kids to worry about. I'm always trying to get the youngest down for a nap & to me that means free time, but not really. I'm thinking about the gazillion  things i need to do for laced arrow, dōTERRA essential oilsthe house, the kids, etc... food psh... yes, i hear the grumbling sounds of my stomach at 3pm, but I tend to ignore them. Or better yet grab something terrible like chocolate or cup of coffee. ah! 

I found myself being a hypocrite. Here i am telling my husband guidelines for eating paleo but then I would half cheat. what? i caught myself the other day doing this and absolutely felt awful about it. I'm a very black & white, no grey which leaves very little grace (my husband is working with me on this, definitely difficult. So i had started paleo at the EXTREME and then i stopped (not completely), but definitely when i was alone.  Anyways, i don't know why i'm saying all this but i'm realizing that i can't do this to my husband if i'm not willing to do it myself. paleo is just SO hard for someone who loves their bread, who loves beans, and love SUGAR! And well i love sugar and realizing that it something i now struggle with since having children.

So i'm not one who takes time to put together a meal plan. if i see a recipe that looks good i might try it, but generally, i'm a look in your refrigerator and put something together. I try not to let anything go to waste. So for lunch this is what I came up from my refrigerator and turned out absolutely delicious. This would be perfect for a side dish at dinner or like me, just by itself for lunch. 

I hope you like it!






Sweet & Salty Summer Salad

serves: 1-2

ingredients:
1 - bell pepper whatever color is your favorite ( i used yellow)
1 - avocado (cubed)
1 - cucumber ( cut into quarters)
1/3 cup - red onion ( i only had a sweet onion)
1 - mango (cubed)
1 1/2 cups -  fresh cut pineapple (i grilled mine first for extra flavor)
3 tbsp - Garlic expressions dressing (or to your preference)
1/4 teaspoon - ground cumin 
2 tbsp - chopped fresh cilantro
pinch of red pepper flakes

other tasty add-ins: corn, black beans, tomatoes 



I would love to hear your thoughts or what maybe you did differently!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images